I know many of you have done this too!
I was in my local Borders...of course I checked out the music section. Vince finally had box sets available (6 of them) - all in his "Vince" section.
So like any good Vince Gill fan I:
1) Moved one box set up top to "display" with all the new CD's above.
2) Grabbed one and put it in the "Box set" secion (none were there).
3) Moved one to the front of the store and made room next to Carrie Underwood in the "New Country" section.
4) I saw the # 10 slot was empty on "Borders Top 20 sellers" so I magically put a Vince set at # 10 (OK maybe I went a bit far there - not sure what #10 was).
5) Left 2 in his secion but made sure the "advertisement sheet" promoting the CD was easier to see.
So now I felt good having Vince stratigically placed throughout the store!
If it helps sell one more CD than would have sold - I feel good (Ok I felt good regardless)